feels like fall
There's so much beauty in reaching out, being vulnerable, throwing a part of your heart into the void and seeing the response of people when you're willing to share your story. Through this time I've realized we'll always be longing for someone, someplace, something that's not with us. We'll always crave comfort; But I have come to learn this: this world will never be what we want it to be this side of heaven. I'll always try to stand on my tip toes and peek over the fence, but until then I'll hope and dream of the something more I so long to have. I'm truly grateful for all the people who told me that I'm not alone from my last blog post, shared their story, and expressed their love. It's so compelling to hear all the women who've experience the grief and loss of miscarriage and I'm just thankful to have this little corner to share my story. So, to all of you, thanks.
recently in points
- went to savannah to hang with some of my favorite gals
- drove to KC for the weekend and went to two pumpkin patches, had three lattes, and hugged my sister.
- started rewatching the OC, just so good/ and started watching Riverdale... the inner 15 year old in me loves it.
- got readdicted to Weekend Coffee's vanilla latte.
- went to the Texas state fair that came and went wayy too quickly.
- started reading beloved, by toni morrison, amazing.
- started listening to the your creative start podcast that has so much goodness packed into one spot for being a creative and the constant struggle of working in your field and keeping up your practice (all in an awesome Australian accent).
- on the topic of podcasts, a friend recently reminded me of the manrepeller podcast monocycle with the founder, leandra medine. she speaks really openly and honestly about miscarriage, infertility, ect and its just a refreshing voice to hear on the subject. some good ones are this one and this one.
- lastly I saw this video last week on the difference between sympathy and empathy by brene brown and I havent been able to stop thinking about it since.